Saturday, December 19, 2009

Post Ordination

The last blog I posted was "Ordination".
Since Rev. Rakeem broke down the different things you can and can't make with "2 Sticks", I've noticed some things. Before the sermon I made a promise that I would not put anyone or anything before God and I'm keeping my promise as far as I know. I knew I was trying to live right and I was seeing a little progress. It wasn't until after that sermon that I noticed how certain people were so kindly removed from my life and I had to do nothing but live my life for God. I noticed that I no longer desired to do things that I LOVED to do at some point. I realized that I'm not the same person and at times people say "you're a Christian now you can't be listening to this or you can't know this or why are you in here listening to this?" Well I have my reasons for doing everything I do.

Most people that get in my car listen to secular music on a daily basis but while in my car they hear gospel and they even begin to request certain songs and ask questions about the message behind the song. I even have someone who censors themselves unconsciously. I know I'm doing something right because people are seeing the change. I don't even have to open my mouth, they can now look at me and see the difference between me now and me a year ago. I have people online asking me questions about the Bible and I have to go and ask someone for help because I'm still learning myself. I have people asking me ONLINE to pray for them, and asking me for advice. I'M A SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER NOW. I NEVER saw that coming, but it happened and it's nothing but God. If it was up to me I would have said no and still be sitting in the back just listening and giving an answer here and there.

With all of that said, I used to ask God to give me the gift of speaking in tongues so I would know I was saved but I have more than enough evidence to know that I'm saved and that God is using me. I just had to open my eyes and REALLY commit to the relationship. I still have a lot of growing to do and that fire that I mentioned at the end of the other blog, it's still burning. I REFUSE to let it die.

Until next time...God Bless



2 comments:

  1. if this wasnt THE MOST POWERFUL message i have heard in a long time! i def feel you on this. i had a love for God like no other, but people sometimes look at me and where i been and beg to differ. little do they know that God has used my past to bring some that would have never prob heard the word of christ before him. God has a plan for us all, you just keep the testimony alive and God will handle the rest! bless that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time out to read this and thank you for those encouraging words. I'll definitely keep this alive. I pray God continues to work on you and handle those nay sayers. I read some of your blogs and I look forward to reading more! God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete