Wednesday, February 10, 2010

YOUNG PEOPLE!!!

While in prayer, I was shown some things. I was praying for some people close to me and the more I prayed, the less it sounded like me. But I was praying for some young people and I said let them know that just because they're young doesn't mean they can't live for you. I was reminded of the passage in Jeremiah 1 that God has been leading me to for the past couple of weeks. I always asked what it meant, and now I think I'm getting it.

In that passage, God was telling Jeremiah how he was known and ordained by God before he was even born. Jeremiah said to God, "Ah, Lord God! behold I cannot speak: for I am a child." God responded by saying, "Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee." After that, the Lord touched the mouth of Jeremiah and said, "Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth."

There are a lot of young people being called to step up and stand out of the crowd. There's a problem though, many of them say the same thing I used to say, I'm too young, I still want to have fun. Well here's some news for you, God will use you when He wants to. Trust me, I learned the hard way. God had to completely break me down and shatter all of MY dreams before I said ok, God I hear you. What do I need to do? What I wanted wasn't part of his plan and He made sure I knew that.

But I really want to say that it doesn't matter how old you are, if you know God has called you to do something, don't try to do what you want to do, it will only hurt you. Just say yes to His will and walk in your calling. If you don't know what your calling is yet, STAY IN PRAYER! FAST! Trust me, He will let you know. You may even be walking in your calling and not know it.

If you don't remember anything else, remember this: There is ALWAYS someone watching you!!!

It may be your peers, it may be someone much younger than you, it may even be your elders. Someone is always waiting for you to fall, or mess up. Don't give people a reason to talk about you in a negative way. Give them a reason to say, I want to be like that, I want to live for Christ. When ever you get a chance, encourage someone. Don't try to put someone down, build them up. Invite your friends to church on Sunday and for weekly events. SMILE!!! Simple things like that will build the Kingdom, it will make people WANT to come back to church with you and live for Christ.

Another thing, don't just say you're a Christian, BE a Christian. Actions speak louder than words. Jeremiah was called to be a prophet, to speak to nations. You may not be called to speak or anything, you may just be called to be an usher, or a member of a choir, or a musician, or even an example. No matter how small you think their roles are, they ALL play a HUGE part in the church.

Now I'm not going to lie and say all of that WILL happen all of the time. I'm not going to tell you that it's as easy as 1-2-3. But I will tell you that if you do that, pray, fast, and exercise true faith, God will have His way and He will handle the rest.

Love you all!!!
God Bless
Sista T

No comments:

Post a Comment