Monday, January 18, 2010

Are you "the one"?

A lot of people in my age range are talking and/or thinking about marriage. Some question if they'll ever get married, if marriage is for them, if they will ever get divorced, and so forth. I'm one of the ones who question, will I ever be married?

Yea I know I'm still young, I'm turning 22 real soon and as some people say the clock is ticking. I always said when I was in high school that I wanted to be married at age 22 and have my first child before I turned 25. The chances of that marriage happening is VERY slim for the simple fact that I'm still single and not really looking for anything right now.

I always sit around like I really want to know who I will marry in the future. I know what I want and I can't seem to find it. Just when I was about to lower my standards, a friend of mine was talking about how he hated when females lowered their standards because they deserved the best. For a second I really went and tried to defend females lowering their standards but then I thought, why would I settle for something less than what God wants me to have? God sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for me so that I could live eternally. Jesus was brutally beaten and nailed to a cross for me, if that isn't love, I have no clue what it is. I want a man who will love me like Christ loved the church (Ephesians 5:25).

My sis Nicole wrote a poem called prototype and in this poem, she wrote what the ideal man was for her. She also was about to lower her standards, but then we met some incredible guys and she wrote a second part to Prototype and in this poem she said:
"The later type is who I envision as my husband...and if you stood right in front of him...you'd be his reflection...Cause when I looked in your eyes I said there's the prototype...I thought I raised the bar too high, needed to lower my expectations...Then I met you"
That reminded me so much of my thoughts toward my best male friend. He gave me hope that there were still good men out there. I'm still wondering who I'll marry, but now I refuse to lower my standards. Thanks to God, I have these great men in my life to help me out. Love you guys!!!

That's all for now...

God Bless
Sista T

No comments:

Post a Comment