Monday, January 18, 2010

What Am I Here For?

So I'm told that I'm very talented. I can sing, dance, write a little bit and speak to some people. I'm not great at any of it but I can do it. Sometimes I see/hear people do things and all I can think is I wish I could do something like that and they tell me I can.

My singing is ok, I can use A LOT of training vocally. What I can do is good for someone who has no type of vocal training. I can dance but I have this tendency to be extra stiff and LOOK choreographed. I can write but my thoughts are almost always all over the place. So it makes me wonder what am I here for? I tried speaking to people, some don't understand where I'm coming from, some want to dispute everything I say and some even ignore my every word.

Hmm...I'm not a great speaker, not a great singer, not a great dancer, not a great writer...What am I???

Well according to some people, I'm a great example. I can't do much but live right and be me and show other people who I am through my actions. Sometimes I just wish that there was more I could offer. I want to be able to get my thoughts out in this elaborate manner as poets do, sing effectively like some people I know, dance effectively, and speak to the point where people will remember something I said and be able to help someone with that.

I was always told I was different, and I didn't want to be, but at the same time I like being unique. I just wish sometimes that I possessed certain qualities that other people I know possessed. Since I don't have those qualities, I will use what I do possess. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for all of the qualities I have, I just don't know how to really use them.

I'm going to use them though and be about my Father's business as Jesus said in Luke 2:49. I have a mission that I have to complete and I'm working toward that completion everyday. It would be nice if I knew what MY purpose was though, maybe I could walk in it like I really want to. Until then I'll continue to live my life for God and be that example some people see me as. Then when my purpose is clear to me, I'll walk in that.

Now I'm thinking...What if my purpose IS being an example???

Something else to think about.

Later Loves
Sista T

2 comments:

  1. That's perfect sis! You are just that to me when you came to visit in D.C. you were my example of where I used to be in my walk and from that day forward I've been gettin back and pasted how I used to be. You showed me no reason to be ashamed and love God to the fullest! Your a great example especially for young girls so keep your head up let him use you. Best thing you can do is love others as God loves you it will show and to worship him the way you do...

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. That was extra real. I often times feel the same way. I wanna do something great, but being an example is great. I def needed to hear that. I think we all struggle with that.

    ReplyDelete