Friday, June 4, 2010

Challenge: Job

Hola!!!

I was sitting here thinking a lot about some things that were really bothering me. I prayed last night about it and again when I woke up this morning. I asked God to speak to me through the Word and He did. He took me to Job chapter 1.

In that chapter, it showed that Job was, as the Word describes, "perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." (v.1) Job had 7 sons and 3 daughters, and he was real wealthy. My study Bible says about v. 5 that "Job was a spiritual man as clearly revealed by his sensitivity to sin and its consequent need for sacrifice."

Now Satan had his eye on Job. He asked God, "Doth Job fear God for nought(nothing)?" He was questioning why Job feared God. I can only imagine what Satan was thinking, maybe something like "Job only fears that God will take away all of his possessions."

So what did Satan do? He got permission from God to tempt Job. (Now remember what I said in a previous blog Inspired By Temptation By GI, God will not tempt you, he will allow you to be tempted. It is a test of your faith.) Job was approached by four different messengers, one after another, with a different problem. The first messenger came to tell him that the Sabeans came and killed all the oxen and donkeys and servants tending them, only he survived. A second messenger came, while they were speaking, to say that "The fire of God" destroyed the sheep and some more servants, only he survived. A third servant came, again while they were speaking, to say that the Chaldeans came and killed the camel and more servants, he was the only to survive. Yet again, while they were speaking, the fourth and last messenger came and said that a "great wind from the wilderness" came and knocked down the four walls of his eldest son's house. All of his children were there feasting and all were dead except that one servant.

To us it seems as though Job's life is falling apart and we would probably say "God why me?" He lost ALL of his livestock, ALL of his servants except the four messengers, and ALL of his children. Job didn't do what we would, he didn't question God. Nah.........not Job, not the perfect and upright man who feared God and shunned evil. Nah...........

What did he do then???

I'll tell you.............

He tore his robe, shaved his head, got down on his face and worshipped God. The Bible says that he "BLESSED the name of the Lord." These were the words of Job, "Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

Now honestly, how many of us would do that? Not I..........

I'm not even going to lie, I lose money and I'm like dag man I don't have ANY money...I'm tired of this, I need another job. I still have a roof over my head, I still have clothes on my back. I'm being ungrateful. Not Job, this guy TORE his clothes, shaved his head and bowed down to worship God. Meanwhile, Satan's in the background looking STUPID!!! He really thought Job was going to curse God for taking basically all he had. NOT!!! This is one of those times where I just laugh at Satan, like you goof, you really thought he was materialistic and fearing God so he wouldn't lose his possessions??? HA!!!

I said all of this to challenge everyone. No, I'm lying.

But on a serious note, after thinking about all of this, I really want to challenge you all to, instead of questioning God when you're at your lowest moments, bless Him, thank Him, tell Him that it was in His will that whatever happened, happened because He knew what was best for your life. Let Him know that you STILL trust Him, even though you have nothing left, you STILL trust God with all of your heart. This is a challenge for me also so PLEASE don't feel like you're alone on this.

I know this was type lengthy but it was laid on my heart literally as I was writing it. I'm about to go back and re-read what God wants us all to know.

Later Loves!!!

Sista T

1 comment: