Saturday, June 12, 2010

Watch What You Say

Everything started on May 30th when I decided that I would go and visit my former church. I didn't know that it was family and friends day, or that Minister Joe Dingle would be speaking, I thought the Pastor would be speaking. But, the Word he brought forth had me thinking about some things, so I came on the right day. He used the scripture Proverbs 18:21 and the title "Speak Those Things."

Proverbs 18:21 states:
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

He began to talk about how what we say can make or break a situation, it can be the life or death of us. I won't go into the whole sermon because this is what I really want to focus on.

Sidebar:
I was as work and this organization was having a luncheon. They were presenting the different classes they were offering through my school. One guy stood out to me because he said "I know a lot of you remember stories in the Bible from Sunday School. Well, I'm teaching a class on the conspiracies of the Bible." This man went on to say how God contradicted himself in the Bible. He used Genesis 1:31 and Genesis 6:6 as an example. He went on to say how in Genesis 1:31, God looked at His creation and thought it was good, but then he got to Genesis 6:6 and said that it grieved Him that He had made man on this earth." He never mentioned all of the mess going on between those two verses. He never mentioned the fall of man, the first murder, or anything. He just pointed out those two verses, so anyone NOT knowing the Bible would believe what he says.

Funny how things work out. I read a story about a "Shooting Panda" in today's entry for "Our Daily Bread". It was about a panda bear who came to a restaurant to eat. He ordered a sandwich and ate it. After eating, the panda pulled out a gun and started shooting. A waiter asked why he did that and he responded by "handing him a POORLY PUNCTUATED wildlife guide and asks him to look up the description of a panda." This is what the description said, and pay close attention.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Notice how things come together. In the last sentence of my sidebar, I said "He just pointed out those two verses, so anyone NOT knowing the Bible would believe what he says. Min. Dingle said in his sermon that Satan will try to use the Word against us so we must hide the Word in our hearts(I'm going to use Deuteronomy 11:18). If we don't know what the Word says and what's really true, we will easily be tripped up like the "Shooting Panda" who really thought it meant eat, shoot(with a gun) and be out.

This is where the reading from "Our Daily Bread" comes in. The reading is from 2 Timothy 2:1-15. The last verse (v.15) reads, "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

We need to read to Word, seriously. If not anyone can come in and tell us different things that are so wrong and if we don't know, we can be so gullible sometimes. I just saw, last week, someone asked about the rapture and how people felt about it. A PASTOR!!! Yes, I said a Pastor, got on there and said there is no rapture. Then he went on to say that the Bible was his source. If I didn't know that 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says that Christ will descend from Heaven, the dead in Christ shall rise first, and those that are alive and remain will be caught up to meet Him in the air, I could have been dumb enough to believe him.

There are people everywhere writing and saying things that sound nice, things that make you think. They will have you second guessing your relationship and whether it's valid or not. You have to STUDY and hide that Word in your heart. Otherwise you can easily be fed by that mess.

What am I saying???

Find you a GOOD Bible teaching church. Join the church, attend on Sundays, go to Bible Study and do you OWN PERSONAL Bible Studies. Do whatever you have to do, but PLEASE, I'm begging you all, PLEASE learn the Word. Hide it in your heart, and share it. There are so many false prophets, false teachers and other stuff out there(that's a lesson series in itself). Be careful of what you feed your soul. Be careful what you say and how you say it. You never know who is listening and you can cause someone their life if they don't know any better.

I keep saying I love the way God works. This is exactly why, He puts me in certain situations to see and hear certain things and they all come together to benefit me and others.

That's all I have for now...

Later loves!!!

Sista T

No comments:

Post a Comment