Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Time NOW!!!

For the last few days I have been noticing that the music I hear, the statuses I see on various social networks, and things I talk to people about always point back to the fact that people are acting like this world will never come to an end.

On Sunday, my mom preached a sermon called "Follow Me First" and she spoke about how we have so many problems in our lives and wonder why. We always put our needs and wants ahead of everything and we "forget" about God. She used Luke 14:26-27 as her starting point; not discrediting the fact that the Bible says to honor you mother and father and love your enemies, but showing that God comes first. She used other scriptures such as Exodus 20:12 which is one of the 10 Commandments that states "Honor thy father and thy mother...", Luke 6:27 which says "...love your enemies, do good to them that hate you", and John 15:12 which states "this is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you."

Then she used Matthew 10:37 which says "he that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me," to show that God is to come first, before your spouse, family, friends, associates, cars, houses, everything, GOD COMES FIRST!!!

Sidebar:
I know it's a lot of scriptures, but I was taught that we should not go off what anyone says and that we should always go back to the scriptures. I'm making it easy on you, I'm giving you all of them lol.

Back to the blog:
My mom then, began to support that last statement made by using Matthew 6:33(I wrote it out below) and using the CHILD Jesus as an example. She used Luke 2:49 where Jesus had separated from Joseph and Mary and went into the synagogue to learn from the priests and speak with them. He was just a CHILD(you're not too young to start gaining wisdom...I believe I mentioned that in one of my previous blogs "YOUNG PEOPLE!!!"). In that verse, Jesus said "how is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" Basically he asked his parents "why did you look for me? Don't you know that I have to handle this Kingdom business, my Father's business?"

Toward the end of the sermon she was saying how our parents may ask us to do something but we KNOW good and well that we have to do something for the Kingdom, we have to put our parents on the back burner for a moment. Not saying be rude and disrespectful to your parents, but let them know that you have to handle some business, whether it be a meeting for the church, a Bible study, a rehearsal for church or something, THEN do what they asked of you.

Yesterday, I put a status on Facebook and I really meant every word of it. Here's what it read:

Listening to Nobody Greater - VaShawn Mitchell makes me wonder why we still place people and things over God. We need to do better people. Matthew 6:33 says "But seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God, and all his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you." Not, seek money/cars/jobs/etc. first and thank God later. Seek Him NOW!!! It's Time NOW... (It's Time Now - Tye Tribbett & GA)

But after writing that status, I went on youtube and listened to this anointed group of siblings who were singing a song their aunt wrote called "Don't Delay (The Invitation)." It fell right in to what I had said in my status. Watch the vid and you'll see what I mean. The songs mentioned above are at the bottom of the blog.

Songs about coming to Christ and handling our Kingdom business have been in my mind since Sunday. Songs like "Come to Jesus", "Kingdom Business", "It's Time Now", "I Surrender All", "Maybe God Is Trying To Tell You Something" and the song that really got me thinking, "Nobody Greater".

That song says "I searched all over/ Couldn't find nobody/ I looked high and low/ Still couldn't find nobody/ Nobody greater/ Nobody greater/ Nobody great than You" It really made me wonder, how in the world can we say there is nobody greater than God but we put a lot before Him. We look at the things we want and think we need, our "id" takes over and we want that instant gratification, we complain about what we don't have, YET we forget that we placed God on the back burner and that's probably what He did with our blessings.

Let's be real for a second, God is merciful and kind but we all take His kindness for weakness sometimes. We are ALL guilty of it at some point in our lives. God is a jealous God, so when we put things before Him, He gets angry. I know if I were Him, I would NOT be trying to bless someone who continues to use me, but He's not like that. We need to stop taking advantage of Him, we need to get our lives on the right track, we need to stop playing around. I always say tomorrow is not promised, the next 5 seconds are not promised, and earlier I was walking home and thought, dag, my next breath isn't even promised.

Like Tye and GA said "It's time now for you to turn back to God," the question now is............

Will you???

Later Loves

Sista T




No comments:

Post a Comment