Thursday, May 15, 2014

HELP!!! It's Lookin' Like We're Gonna Make It Through This!!!

So everyone who knows me, knows I love new music. I was recently blessed with Erica Campbell's Help for my birthday. This CD has been on repeat since I got it and two songs are blessing me as we speak. Those two songs are Help and Lookin' Like.

Help is my cry out to God. I have been through so much in my life that if you heard half of my story, you would wonder why I never tried to take myself out. I'm just being honest. Some people would say I'm exaggerating, that I lived a good life, and for the most part, I did. But, what I struggled with internally, not even my family would be able to speak about. I won't go deep at all but I'l share a couple of my struggles that most people can relate to.

I struggle with ignorance, in it's correct context. There is a lot I don't know, and because of that I have way more problems than I need to have. It's not that I don't want to know or that I'm too lazy to find out, I just don't know where to go for what I need. I live my life based on what I know, what I find out and the trial and error of those situations. I could play the blame game and say that other people are to blame for my shortcomings, but I won't because I had just as much responsibility in my life as others did. 

I struggle financially because I don't have certain education or experience to do what I desire. When I try to get the education, I don't have the finances. When I try to get the finances to get the education, I don't have the experience to get the better than minimum wage job. When I try to get the experience, I don't have the education or I have to volunteer which will also cost me for transportation. It's what people around me call Da'struggle. You may hear a lot of people say "Da'struggle is real" and that would be true.

Will I sit around crying, complaining, and looking for handouts? Nope!



Will I give up and throw in the towel? Nope!



Will I cry out to God for help and put my faith into action? Absolutely!!!!!!!



For the past few days I've been running around singing "It's lookin' like, lookin' like, lookin' like, lookin' like I'm gonna make it through this!" This song has been my motivation, my strength when I lost it all. It served as a reminder that I serve a God who is great and mighty and will always have my back. I don't worry anymore and sometimes people get upset because I'm always so happy when I should be upset and crying.  They get upset because I try to make them laugh in the middle of hard times. I act like nothing is wrong and I say to God, "it's in your hands", then I start singing and dancing. Some people just don't understand that I refuse to dwell on my issues and I choose to thank God in advance for the fact that I will make it through my storms. I thank God for trusting me with adversity and allowing me to come out even stronger than I went in.

I issued dare on Facebook back in April. I am going to officially reissue this dare and close out this blog with it. You all have a blessed one!!! You're gonna make it through this!!! Just you wait and see. Here is what I posted:

When going through various storms in life, it's very easy to forget that there is a beautiful rainbow waiting on the other side if you just stay strong and endure everything thrown in your path. It's easy to get upset and take a seat or lash out but I dare you to get so mad that you turn your anger into production.

If you can't find a job, get so mad that you get dressed at 7:30-8am and be knocking on doors by 9 with a resume in hand ready to tell people why they need you.

If you're a writer, write a song, poem, article or something encouraging others and tell your story of how you made it through.

If you're a musician, lay down your emotions through your instrument.

While doing this, thank God for the blessing that will come forth from your storms, heartache, pain and struggles. Believe that He will turn it around for you and your situation will change. Thank Him for the fact that you will never be the same again.

I love you all!!!

Sista T

Performing Lookin' Like at the Howard Theatre April 2, 2014 (I was there thanks to my sis Nicole!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting upon your return Sista T. You have a gift and a voice that needs to be heard. You are the one chosen to drag the monsters and demons out from the darkness that they created called negativity and bring them to the light of positivity. You are an amazing woman. And I love and support you like no other.

    ReplyDelete